In anticipation of Philip Roth’s 80th birthday next month, New York Magazine pulled together a collection of thirty literati to discuss Roth and his oeuvre, publishing the results on their Vulture website. Among the questions the panelists consider are:
- Is Roth the greatest living American novelist?
- What is Roth’s best book?
- What do you admire or dislike most about Roth?
- Is Roth a minsogynst?
- What do you make of all of Roth’s alter egos?
- What is Roth’s greatest subject?
- Does Roth deserve to win the Nobel Prize?