In summer, when school is out, is the perfect time to teach your child how to make a beach umbrella for her dolls. This is easy to do and engages your child into crafts aside from doodling. You get them to enjoy summer and avoid being bored all throughout the summer vacation.
Girls love playing with their dolls, dressing them up in all styles. A doll beach umbrella that they made on their own will give them a sense of pride, being able to create things and making it usable.
How to Make A Doll Beach Umbrella
In making a doll beach umbrella, you’ll be needing the following:
- Regular Paper 8 x 11
- Pipe Cleaner/Wire
- Markers (Optional)
- CD Plate
- Hot Glue/Glue Stick
1. First take the 8 x 11 inch paper. Fold the paper diagonally and using the scissor cut off the excess to form your paper into a square shape.
2. Use your marker to decorate the paper. After cutting the excess, use your marker to decorate the paper on how you like your umbrella to look like. Allow your child to use her doodles and sketches until she creates an art that she can call her own.
3. Fold your paper. After putting up your design, fold the paper again in diagonal but this time in the opposite side. Then unfold, and fold it again horizontally from both side to form an triangle shape fold trace marks.
4. Trace a circle using your CD. After making your triangle marks, get your CD plate and place it in the middle. Trace the CD using your pencil. After tracing the CD plate, cut the paper following the trace mark of your CD. You should end up having a perfect circle paper.
5. Get your pipe cleaner or wire and fold it in half, Twist it to form a braided look wire. After doing this method, poke the wire in the middle to create a hole. Let a tiny part of your wire come out on the paper and glue the bead on top of it. This will serve as the lock of the umbrella you are making to avoid the wire to fall off. The wire will serve as the handle of your umbrella.
6. To make it more like an umbrella, pinch the fold mark inside to form a small fold traces repeat until all sides are traces are done.
There you have it. You already have a beach umbrella for your child’s dollies. Create the umbrella with your child at first and then allow her to create one on her own. Give her praises with her work and she will surely feel good about her work.